Naturopathy is preventative, complementary and holistic health care that addresses the underlying causes of illness, not just the symptoms. There is a focus on patient education, disease prevention and individualised treatments. Modern Naturopathy integrates evidence-based research with traditional knowledge to provide healthcare that is safe and non-invasive.
Naturopathic treatments encourage balanced and healthy lifestyles and are supportive of mental, physical and emotional wellbeing. Treatments are aimed at increasing general health and wellbeing, managing stress and preventing chronic disease and ill-health.
Artemisia Natural Therapies takes a holistic view towards your health and illness. Although the clinic has a focus on women’s health and fertility issues, treatment is available for the young and old and for a full range of conditions.
During a private consultation your practitioner will identify the underlying contributors to your health difficulties and help you to restore balance, health and vitality. To support you in reaching your health goals, you will be given a personalised and specialised treatment plan.
Our natural treatments include;
Vitamins & minerals
Herbal remedies (tablets or liquids)
Lifestyle advice & counselling
Australian Bush Flower Essences
The clinic stocks a wide range of herbs, vitamins, minerals, nutritional supplements and Australian Bush Flower Essences. All our formulas are of the highest quality and are practitioner-only products that cannot be purchased on supermarket or chemist shelves.
What conditions do we treat?
Naturopathy can be used in the safe and effective treatment of clients of all ages, and may help;
- With general health issues such as low energy levels, poor digestive health, unrefreshing sleep, high stress and anxiety levels and immune system imbalances
- In the prevention of chronic illnesses
- To improve your concentration and memory
- In the treatment of common childhood conditions such as colic, eczema, constipation, diarrhoea, allergies, teething, asthma, ear infections, colic and recurrent infections
- To treat a range of women’s conditions such as period pain, heavy periods, irregular periods, PCOS, Endometriosis, PMS, fibroids, hormonal imbalances, early menopause and menopause support
- To support those who are having difficulties in conceiving
- Couples wanting a specific IVF support program that incorporates preconception care, alongside physical and emotional health support and stress management techniques
- In addressing your pregnancy symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, anaemia, constipation, fatigue, poor sleep, stretch marks, cramps, restless legs, heartburn, reflux, oedema and fluid retention, varicose veins, haemorrhoids and in the prevention of high blood pressure
- In providing physical and emotional support after birth for issues such as postnatal depression, anxiety, sleep deprivation, weight management, low energy levels, thyroid problems, mastitis and low breast milk supply.
What happens in a naturopathic consultation?
The initial consultation is used to gather a comprehensive history and the main reasons for your visit. A range of questions are asked to gather information about your current health issues, past medical history and family history to identify the underlying causes of your symptoms. An individualised treatment plan is then developed to address these influences using herbs, lifestyle coaching and/or nutritional supplements.
Follow up consultations will continue to explore your health, take a more in-depth look at issues and develop a deeper insight into your individual health conditions. Nutritional and herbal prescriptions may continue or be altered to address the changes that have occurred in your symptoms.
Length of treatment
It is difficult to predict how long it will take for a your health condition to improve, as each individual will react differently to treatment. However as a rule, chronic conditions will take longer to resolve than acute symptoms (that may only take a few days to weeks to improve).
Consultations may be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly until your health improves and your condition resolves.
A period of preconception care can help to treat a couple’s specific fertility issues and prepare for pregnancy; in this case, treatment would ideally start a minimum of 3-4 months before conception and focus on the health of both parents.
In order to gain confidence in applying our Natural Fertility methods for contraception (or natural conception) it is recommended that women (or couples) return for review on a monthly basis. Most women find that they require a minimum of two or three consultations at the beginning to fully understand the Natural Fertility Management concepts.