Naturopath (BHSc Naturopathy), Clinical Midwife Specialist (BMID & GCertMID), Natural Fertility Educator (Cert Natural Fertility), Antenatal educator, Director Artemisia Natural Therapies
Welcome! You are in the right place if you:
- are stressed, tired, not sleeping well, feeling anxious or depressed and would like some diet advice and tips to help create a healthier, more balanced lifestyle
- want to come off the pill, Implanon or IUD and would like to know how to balance your hormones naturally
- experience PMS, PCOS, Endometriosis, irregular periods or period pain
- would like to learn more about how your menstrual cycle and identify when you ovulate each month
- want to know how you can increase your chances of a conceiving naturally
- are interested in preparing your body and your partner’s for a healthy pregnancy
- are having trouble falling pregnant and would like some advice about your natural options before starting IVF
- would like to know what nutritional supplements and herbs you can take during an IVF cycle to increase your chances of a healthy, successful pregnancy
- would like to find out what multivitamin or nutritional supplements you should take before and during pregnancy
- are seeking natural support during pregnancy and in preparation for birth
- would like support after having a baby to help with your recovery
- are interested herbal medicines to increase your milk supply
- have a baby with reflux, constipation or suspected food allergies
- want an alternative to HRT or antidepressants in managing hot flushes and Menopause symptoms
My name is Meg and I am a Naturopath, Clinical Midwife Specialist and Antenatal educator with over 12 years of experience.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Health Science from SSNT and completing further studies in Natural Fertility Education, I opened Artemisia Natural Therapies; a holistic women’s health clinic where I work with a team of complementary health professionals who are all passionate about women’s health.
I chose ‘Artemisia’ as the name of my business in reference to the Greek goddess ‘Artemis’, a Midwife and Herbalist, associated with fertility, childbirth and nature. ‘Artemisia’ is also a family of aromatic herbs (including Wormwood, Mugwort and Sage), several of which are used as herbal medicines.
Shortly after graduating as a Naturopath I went on to complete a Bachelor of Midwifery to further my knowledge and develop my passion for women’s health. More recently, I completed a Postgraduate degree in Midwifery and have become a Clinical Midwife Specialist.
As a midwife I love the relationships I build with women during one of the most significant times of their lives and am privileged to have the opportunity to care for a families’ emotional and physical needs during their special time.
I work in all areas of the hospital; teaching childbirth education and breastfeeding classes, caring for women during pregnancy, labour and birth, supporting new mothers with breastfeeding and parent-craft and as a domiciliary nurse, visiting women and their families at home after they leave hospital. Being present at some of the most significant times in a couple’s life means that I can support women on their journey by promoting pregnancy and birth as a normal physiological process, educating and empowering women to make the right decisions for themselves and their babies.
As a Naturopath I like to keep up with the current research. I have a special interest in women’s healthcare and a passion to help women achieve good health.
I believe that we all have the ability to lead a balanced, healthy life when we are equipped with the knowledge of how to eat healthily and manage our stress levels. I have seen how quality nutritional supplements, fertility charting and herbal medicines have helped my clients in falling pregnant, sleep better, feel happier and less stressed, enjoy their pregnancies and experience the birth they dreamed of. I would love to share this knowledge and make these experiences possible for everyone. My aim is to support you on your journey towards wellbeing and to help you feel healthier and more confident in managing your fertility and health goals.
I love helping and working with people who:
- want to lead a healthier, more balanced life and are seeking information on how to achieve this with dietary advice and stress management techniques
- are overwhelmed by the amount of nutritional products available at chemists and supermarkets and finding it difficult to work out which product is best for them
- are experiencing hormonal problems such as PCOS, PMS, Endometriosis, period pain, Menopause and irregular periods
- would like to have a baby but have a few health issues that they need to address first
- are pregnant and struggling with morning sickness, constipation, fatigue, low iron, reflux, thrush or restless legs
- have just had a baby and are needing a little support to recover physically and nutritionally
I look forward to meeting you and helping you with your health concerns.
You can book an appointment or FREE 20 minute health assessment with Meg here or find out more about upcoming workshops here. For more information email: email@example.com or phone: 0413 530 175